Master the technical, communication, and critical thinking skills you need to provide compassionate, competent care in any health care setting with Lippincott’s Textbook for Nursing Assistants, 4e. This comprehensive, student-friendly book is written in a conversational, easy-to read style, features a unique and fully integrated art program to help you understand key topics, and provides clear, concise coverage of nursing procedures that conform to the latest state-specific guidelines and 2012 NNAAP skill revisions.Lww
- Guidelines (“What You Do/Why You Do It”) boxes provide the whys and the how-tos for carrying out key nursing assistant actions.
- Tell the Nurse! Notes summarize observations that you need to report to the nurse.
- Stop and Think! Scenarios encourage you to solve the types of complex, real world nursing situations you’ll encounter on the job.
- Helping Hands and a Caring Heart: Focus on Humanistic Health Care boxes encourage you to empathize with those in your care and meet patients’ and residents’ emotional and spiritual needs, as well as their physical needs.
- Empowering online learning tools that help you master key content, include Watch and Learn/Listen and Learn Audio and Video Clips and an interactive audio glossary that pronounces vocabulary words, defines them, and uses them in a sentence.
- Procedure boxes that emphasize the concepts of privacy, safety, infection control, and comfort begin with a “Why You Do It” statement, followed by concise step-by-step instructions (including “Getting Ready” and “Finishing Up” steps) to prepare you for role as a nursing assistant.
- Chapter-ending summary sections help you review the key concepts.
- What Did You Learn? multiple-choice and matching exercises similar to the questions on state certification exams allow you to evaluate your understanding. Answers are provided at the end of the book.
- Nursing Assistants Make A Difference! sections include first-person accounts from patients, residents, clients, or family members that focus on how a nursing assistant has had a positive impact on their lives or the lives of their loved ones, demonstrating how vital nursing assistants are to the health care team.
(as of [price_update_date] – Details) Download Now Read Online